To be honest, age has never really been a concern of mine. I have lived an amazing life so far and have never really been in a rush to grow older. I also have not had the desire to pretend to be younger than my age. It helps to a degree that I am still wildly immature and plan on pranking my friends until we reach retirement.
My twenties so far have been the best time in my life, and I know it will only get better. But as I approach the big 3-0, I have begun to reflect on my accomplishments in the eight years since I turned 20. Graduating college, winning two National Championships, moving to Europe, meeting my amazing friends there, moving to California, starting my first real job, moving back home to Philadelphia, and finding the job I will hopefully do for the rest of my life. All of the happy, fun, crazy, wild, and sometimes sad memories in between.
I still have eighteen months until my thirtieth birthday, and my reflection has made me realize there are still some things that I want to do before I turn 30. What follows is my bucket list, both big and small, of what I want to accomplish before my thirtieth birthday:
- Buy a house.
- Pass my Series 7.
- Return to Europe.
- Finish round one of Kayla Itsines’ BBG.
- Do a cleanse and stick to it.
- Cook through a cookbook.
- Make $1 from my blog.
- Do one thing I am terrified of doing (skydiving, hot air balloon, etc.)
- Learn to meditate for at least ten minutes a day.
- See UConn play in another Final Four.
- Volunteer in another country.
- Adopt a pet from an animal shelter.
- Eat at a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Read every book on Time Magazine’s All-Time 100 Novels list.
- Visit a vineyard.
- Learn a new skill.
- Go to one city that I have never been before.
- Catch a wave surfing.
- Fly on a trapeze.
- See an opera.
- Go to a psychic.
- Become a sommelier, even if it’s the lowest degree.
- Learn how to make fresh pasta
- Go on a retreat.
- Take a class in self-defense.
- Help my sister through child-birth.
- Go to the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
- Pick up the tab for another table at dinner.
- Win something.
- Have a huge blow out party for my thirtieth birthday!
I will be writing about each experience as I check it off the list so make sure you check back in! Also, I know some of these really only apply to me (help my sister through child-birth) but if you have done any of the things on my list and have suggestions or recommendations, please let me know in the comments section below.